Developed by leading travel security experts for Apple and Android devices, our Gold and Platinum customers will be able to access global travel advice, real time alerts, news on breaking incidents, and an online document storage facility from all over the world. Find out more about the Safe Travel App below.
Please note: The Safe Travel by Cigna app is currently only available in English.
What to expect from the Travel Safety App:
News & Alerts
News and Alerts is a global incident monitoring and notification service providing you with push notification travel news and security alerts, ensuring you are made aware of any potential hazards, risks or impending security concerns that could hinder travel plans or arrangements. You can select to receive specific destination related news/alerts during your trip and prior to departure to ensure you are fully aware of any potential hazards or security concerns.
- Receive push notification on breaking incidents.
- Country watchlist – receive news and alerts for specific travel destinations.
- View incidents on a global risk map.
- View your current location in relation to in-country incidents.
Country Profiles is a comprehensive travel risk management service that provides you with accurate up-to-date information and security detail for over 200 countries. Information includes incidents that could affect your safety and well-being, such as health warnings, crime, terrorism, political instability or extreme weather conditions.
- Provides travel safety, security and information for over 200 countries and capital cities that could affect your safety and well-being.
- Country specific information including; Language, Currency, Visa & Passport, Travel Risks, Crime, Terrorism/Security, Health Risks, Culture, Business Tips, Vaccination requirements and more.
- Country search function.
- Watchlist tailored for specific travel destinations.
- Global risk map.
Profiles & Documents
Profile and Documents is a secure storage portal, designed to provide you with easy access to copies of essential travel documents and information when you need them most. If your travel documents are ever lost, damaged or stolen whilst abroad the storage portal will come in handy. Data security is a top priority. Documents are uploaded and stored in the cloud if you choose to sync your phone.
- You will be able to easily access your own personal information anywhere in the world.
- Upload and store key documents/photographs such as; passport, driving license, insurance documents, travel visa and medical information.
- Emergency contact and personal information details.
Pre-trip advice is a complete tool kit which gives you safety information and advice.
- Comprehensive document library of advice and check-lists covering various situations.
- Identity protection.
- Security advice for female travellers.
- Driving in adverse conditions.
- Common travel diseases.
- Natural hazard awareness.
The SOS feature is useful during medical emergencies, personal safety incidents, automobile accidents or search and rescue situations. When activated - SOS will send an emergency message to a programmed contact giving details of your GPS location and including an audio/visual taken from the mobile device during the emergency situation.
- Turns your mobile into a personal safety device.
- Email alert to nominated emergency contacts with current whereabouts via google maps.
- Enable live tracking of your handset once emergency SOS is activated.
- Provides emergency contacts with an audio-visual of the situation via the device microphone and built in camera (once authorised).