1. At Cigna, your privacy is important to us. We know that when you visit us at www.cignaglobal.com, you depend on us to be diligent about protecting your privacy online. We also know that you rely on us to provide products and services that meet each of your needs. To do both, we need to gather – and protect – certain information about you.
2. This Privacy Statement applies to all of the products, services, offered by Cigna Global Health Options ("Cigna") to you.
3. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please use the contact information on the right hand side of this website.
B. What kind of information does www.cignaglobal.com collect?
4. We have designed our website to capture information through automatic tracking. This allows us to see which topics interest you most. Automatic tracking information is gathered by capturing if you found our site by following a link from another, external site, as well as following your "footsteps" through www.cignaglobal.com. The route you – and other visitors – choose tells us a little something about the people who visit our site. However, no personally identifiable information is captured as a result of the aforesaid. We use aggregate numbers to compile statistics, monitor trends and track site usage. We also use the information to make sure our technology is compatible with yours. We’re then better able to offer products and services that match your needs.
5. Individualised information is not currently collected on the site but we do capture on an individual basis first, where you navigated to us from, in order to then aggregate this data to evaluate marketing efficiency.
6. We only collect personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us.
7. When you GET A QUOTE we need personal information in order to provide you with the product that you request. Depending upon the product, we may ask you for a variety of personal information. This might include, for example, your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, and birth date. We may also ask for other information about you, such as your credit card information (when you are making a purchase). We consider certain identifying information "confidential". This includes your credit card number, date of birth, income level, or any other information that would normally be considered confidential or governed by law.
8. You may choose not to provide us with any personal information. In that case, you can still access and use many portions of our websites; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of any Cigna website that require your personal information.
C. How does Cigna use the information it collects on me?
10. We use the personal information that you provide us to fulfill your requests for our products, to respond to your inquiries about offerings, and to offer you other Cigna products or services that we believe may be of interest to you in accordance with applicable data protection law. We sometimes use this information to communicate with you.
11. We will use the personal information that you provide about others in order to provide the products or services that you have requested. If you provide us someone else's personal information for referral purposes, we may use that information, in accordance with applicable data protection law, to invite them to visit our websites or to provide them information about our products or services.
12. Please ensure such individuals have agreed for you to pass on their personal information to us, before you do so.
13. If you provide us with your e-mail and/or postal address, we will not sell, trade, rent or disclose them in any other way to third parties other than as described at section 16 or 17 below.
14. Opt-out: If you do not wish for your e-mail or postal address to be shared within Cigna's group companies or business lines you have the opportunity to opt out, by using the contact information on the right hand side of this website.
15. You may also opt out of the receipt of any marketing materials from Cigna Global Health Options itself by using the contact information on the right hand side of this website.
16. We may transfer your personal information and/or sensitive personal information to other Cigna offices of Cigna group (outside your country) for internal management and administrative purposes. In addition, your personal data will be transferred to other Cigna offices where necessary for the performance or conclusion of our contractual obligations to you or for your benefit. Transfers of personal information may also be made where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
17. Cigna may/will share your personal information and/or sensitive personal information with outside companies or individuals, that may be sited in or outside of your country, for legitimate purposes including the following circumstances:
· Trusted recipients. We might use trusted businesses or persons to process personal information on our behalf including social media marketing. Before sharing any personal information with outside parties, we require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Privacy Statement and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
· Legal or safety requirement. We might have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process; (b) enforce the applicable terms of agreements and policies on this or any other of Cigna’s group’s websites; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety or Cigna, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
· Other purposes. Before we share your sensitive personal information outside of the circumstances or purposes listed in this Privacy Statement, we will ask you for permission first. Please note that this only applies to sensitive information, as defined above. Where such sharing is for a purpose not listed in this Privacy Statement and where consent had not previously been obtained from the policyholder, Singapore policyholders will be asked permission first before any information is shared, unless an exception under applicable law applies.
Further details are set out below.
Overview of Purposes
Products and/or Services
18. We will/may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes :
(a) Considering whether to provide you with the insurance you applied for. This includes us considering your application for a policy with Cigna and another insurer considering your application (whether now or in the future) for a policy with that insurer;
(b) Processing your application for underwriting and insurance. This includes dealing with your application with Cigna and any other application that you may make (whether now or in the future) with another insurer;
(c) Administering and/or managing your relationship, account and/or policy with Cigna;
(d) Processing and/or dealing with any claims including the settlement of claims and any necessary investigations relating to the claims, under your policy or policies, whether such policy is issued by Cigna or another insurer;
(e) Carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by Cigna, whether for this policy with Cigna or a policy with another insurer;
(f) Carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiries or request for quote by you;
(g) Dealing in any matters relating to the services and/or products which you are entitled to under the policy which you are applying for or have applied (including the mailing of correspondence, statements, invoices, reports or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages);
(h) Investigating fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omission, whether relating to your application, your claims or any other matter relating to your policy or policies, whether such policy is issued by Cigna or another insurer, and whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
(i) Storing, hosting, backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside your country;
(j) Complying with applicable law in administering and managing your relationship with us;
(k) Contacting you or communicating with you via phone/voice call, text message, email and/or postal mail for the purposes of administering and/or managing your relationship with us such as but not limited to communicating information to you related to any claims you have incurred or submitted, any additions, deletions, amendments to coverage for you and your covered family members or general queries you may have in relation to the policy in force. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by Cigna could be by way of the mailing of correspondence, documents or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages;
(l) Complying with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental authority; or responding to requests for information from public agencies, ministries, statutory boards or other similar authorities. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that we may/will disclose your personal data to the aforementioned parties upon their request or direction;
(m) Conducting research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve Cigna’s services and facilities in order to enhance your relationship with us or for your benefit, or to improve any of Cigna’s products or services for your benefit.
(collectively the “Purposes”)
19. As the purpose for which we may/will collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depends on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by law.
20. Cigna may/will also be collecting from sources other than yourself, personal data about you, for one or more of the above Purposes, and thereafter using, disclosing and/or processing such personal data for one or more of the above Purposes. In order to carry out or to deal with one or more of the Purposes, any other insurer may/can collect from Cigna (and Cigna may disclose to them), use, disclose (including disclose to Cigna) and/or process your personal data.
21. Your personal data may/will be disclosed by Cigna to third parties, whether located within or outside your country, for one or more of the above Purposes, as such third parties, would be processing your personal data for one or more of the above Purposes. Such third parties include but are not limited to our associated or affiliated organisations or related corporations, our third party service providers.
22. In relation to your use of our Website, we will/may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes :
(a) Managing and/or administering your use of and/or access to the Website;
(b) Managing, operating, administering and providing you the services offered on the Website;
(c) For identification and/or verification;
(d) For contacting you on matters relating to your transactions on the Website and your requested services on the Website, and any enquiries and/or requests submitted by you through the Website or otherwise;
(e) Social Media marketing (if you have consented to the same);
(f) For digital and conventional marketing purposes such as sending you direct mailers and post about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting (if you have consented to the same); and/or
(g) Any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
(collectively the “Website Management or Transaction Purposes”)
23. Paragraph  above will also apply to your personal data for the Website Management or Transaction Purposes.
D. How does Cigna protect the safety and integrity of the information?
24. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural measures to safeguard and protect your personal information. We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication where required, to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. We store your personal information on systems behind firewalls that are only accessible to a limited number of persons, each of whom is required to keep the information confidential. We also take appropriate measures to secure the transmission of sensitive personal information from your computer to Cigna's computers. When you transmit sensitive personal information to us, like credit card information, we enforce the use of a secure connection to our servers. All credit card account information that you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology between your browser and our servers.
25. Cigna employees, agents, and contractors who have access to personal information are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement and may not use the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Cigna. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
26. Cigna only collects personal information that is relevant to the purposes for which it will be used. Though we do take appropriate steps to review and update the information that we store to ensure that it is accurate, complete, and current, we also depend on you to update or correct your personal information when necessary.
27. To inquire about personally identifiable information that Cigna has collected about you, or to correct factual errors in that information, please use the contact information on the right hand side of this website.
28. We will put in place measures such that your personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
29. We only use the information we collect for purposes consistent with this Statement. If we propose to use your personal information for purposes beyond that explained in this Statement, we will provide appropriate notice before doing so and consent, if necessary, in accordance with applicable data protection law. We will not use your sensitive personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Privacy Statement unless we have obtained your consent or if applicable law allows us to without your consent.
E. What if I need to access, correct or withdraw my consent in relation to the personal information Cigna possesses about me?
31. You can contact us through the contact details displayed on the right hand side of this website. Please do not email individualised information unless you do so through a secure channel. We have a policy that prohibits us from communicating individualised information through non-secure e-mail1.
F. What about the links on your site? Are they secure?
32. Because we don’t own or control all the sites linked from this site, we cannot guarantee they are secure; therefore, we cannot assume responsibility for all their privacy practices. If you link onto a website of a company that is not affiliated with any Cigna company, we urge you to review the privacy policies of any of the websites you visit once you leave this site.
G. I have switched my coverage to another company. What will you do with my information?
33. We will continue to treat your information with the same confidentiality and respect we extend to all our valuable customers. In keeping with data protection legislation we will not keep your data longer than necessary.
H. Enforcement and Compliance with this Privacy Statement
34. We take our Privacy Statement seriously and we regularly review our own compliance with this Statement. If you have any questions or concerns about this Statement, or if you think that we have used your personal information in a manner inconsistent with this Statement or with applicable data protection law, please contact us at:
Cigna Global Health Options
Legal & Compliance
The Grosvenor Building
72 Gordon Street
Please remember that e-mail messages can be viewed by other Internet users while in transit. If you have individualised information to communicate, please contact us through the telephone numbers shown on the site or e-mail us a request for us to contact you.